www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0566.xls new york and california are the biggest deadbeats.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 hours ago