www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0566.xls new york and california are the biggest deadbeats.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 8 minutes ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago