The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 25 mins ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago