The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago