The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago