I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Finally, a good move by a Republican. A very rare event. So, double down. Offer the vote again tomorrow. And, again the day after. Make sure that the lying liberal media is forced to cover the story. And, for the first time, put Obama on defense. But, I am not holding my breath. This is like a football team that is down 4 touchdowns finally getting a first down. Hopeful. But, not likely exactly a game changer yet.
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 36 mins ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 3 hours ago