Excellent article. As self-employed, it did not take long to figure out the math on insurance. For the SAME (read IDENTICAL) policy premium, a company gets a large tax deduction that goes straight to profits and I get ... NOTHING. Rephrased: the company is paying 30 to 50 percent less for the identical premium paid when figured in after tax dollars. Easily fixed and massively opposed by the Democrats: give everyone the same tax break. The Democrats (and their liberal Republican friends) have successfully opposed this for at least 20 years (that I have been counting -- probably longer). And the "too-stupid to find their own b_tts in a dark room with 2 hands and a flashlight" Republicans have NEVER once made the case to the American people that the Democrats favor big business over the working man.
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago