For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
What a crock of wishful thinking and delusion. Obamney took nearly 100% of the vote FOR government run health care. Obama gave us Obamacare. And, Romney barely whispered opposition. The issue that gave historic wins in 2010, almost disappeared in 2012. Dems love gov run health care. Republicans barely opposed it. The American people overwhelmingly voted for gov run health care. Too late to talk about "polls" now. Votes trump polls.
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago