For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
What a crock of wishful thinking and delusion. Obamney took nearly 100% of the vote FOR government run health care. Obama gave us Obamacare. And, Romney barely whispered opposition. The issue that gave historic wins in 2010, almost disappeared in 2012. Dems love gov run health care. Republicans barely opposed it. The American people overwhelmingly voted for gov run health care. Too late to talk about "polls" now. Votes trump polls.
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago