The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Democrats have ALWAYS, without fail, misused the word "cuts". In 2009, the IRS officially labeled a tax rebate on their website, all the while Obama called it a "tax cut". But, hop in the way back machine to 1981 and you will find that when Reagan proposed INCREASING a budget item by less than the Democrats wanted, the Dems proudly proclaimed that Reagan was "cutting" or "slashing" a budget. Today, they look back on those halcyon days and proclaim that Reagan never "cut" spending because ... well the Dem Congress never agreed to anything resembling a "cut". Every year in between, the Democrats fluidly use the word "cuts" to mean whatever they want it to mean.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 19 hours ago