In response to:
"The right to defend oneself is a basic human right" You have not been paying attention. See "District of Columbia v. Heller" -- Supreme Court. The Supreme Court upheld -- in a closely split vote -- what you consider a "basic human right". That means that 4 Supreme Court justices do NOT believe that you have the right to defend yourself (Heller's primary contention). Something as basic as self preservation will soon be taken from you. Enjoy.
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago