In response to:
Detroit is only 300 driving miles from Chicago, but it's light years behind its sister city in terms of intelligent and creative planning and operations. Chicago came back after the stockyards moved out, it came back from the Great Fire. Perhaps we should "resettle" Detroit like it was done in the old days. Declare all of the lots owned by the city as open land, let settlers move in and create their own government and turn the area back to farmland. It couldn't be worse that the current situation and might well be better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago