In response to:
Detroit is only 300 driving miles from Chicago, but it's light years behind its sister city in terms of intelligent and creative planning and operations. Chicago came back after the stockyards moved out, it came back from the Great Fire. Perhaps we should "resettle" Detroit like it was done in the old days. Declare all of the lots owned by the city as open land, let settlers move in and create their own government and turn the area back to farmland. It couldn't be worse that the current situation and might well be better.
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 40 mins ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 4 hours ago