In response to:
Detroit is only 300 driving miles from Chicago, but it's light years behind its sister city in terms of intelligent and creative planning and operations. Chicago came back after the stockyards moved out, it came back from the Great Fire. Perhaps we should "resettle" Detroit like it was done in the old days. Declare all of the lots owned by the city as open land, let settlers move in and create their own government and turn the area back to farmland. It couldn't be worse that the current situation and might well be better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 14 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 14 hours ago