In response to:
Detroit is only 300 driving miles from Chicago, but it's light years behind its sister city in terms of intelligent and creative planning and operations. Chicago came back after the stockyards moved out, it came back from the Great Fire. Perhaps we should "resettle" Detroit like it was done in the old days. Declare all of the lots owned by the city as open land, let settlers move in and create their own government and turn the area back to farmland. It couldn't be worse that the current situation and might well be better.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago