In response to:
Detroit is only 300 driving miles from Chicago, but it's light years behind its sister city in terms of intelligent and creative planning and operations. Chicago came back after the stockyards moved out, it came back from the Great Fire. Perhaps we should "resettle" Detroit like it was done in the old days. Declare all of the lots owned by the city as open land, let settlers move in and create their own government and turn the area back to farmland. It couldn't be worse that the current situation and might well be better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago