The greatest danger we face as a nation is the belief that we can make our lives totally safe, without risk in any form. Getting half-way there will impoverish us to such an extent as to make our lives a living hell-on-earth. Relative safety is all there is. We will continue to have accidents, screw-ups, and downright terrorism-but we can counter all that as long as we have faith in ourselves to notice and fix the problems as they occur. To the extent that we believe ourselves to be weak and vulnerable, we will become......weak and vulnerable!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago