We need a president who has an understanding of world politics and is not afraid of expressing American interests on the world stage. I like his economic ideas-I don't yet know if he would be any better than what we have now on the international scene. We'll see.
Most people don't seek truth. They seek validation of their opinions and call that truth. Just because people work for a distinguished university does not contradict this statement. In fact, they simply use their power and position to impose their opinion on everyone they can. Good luck in your next position, Paul.................and I do mean that. Seek truth....really seek truth.....and you will find it.

Remember the Space Race?

bigbill10 Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 1:01 PM
July 20, 1969 was the culmination of a great time, as you've described. Our country was at its technological/financial/moral peak. I was part of the aerospace industry that made that event happen. January 22, 1973-less than four years later-was the anniversary of the Roe vs Wade decision in the Supreme Court. That date, in my opinion, marked the beginning of the great moral decline that resulted in technological and financial declines that have brought us to where we are today. I didn't realize it at that time-I was still pro-choice for another twenty years. But world-moving trends are often invisible to those living in them-for a time. It is only when you can look back from the perspective of distance that you can see the enormous truth-if you care to look back at all.

The Armpit of Academia

bigbill10 Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 11:01 AM
It's interesting that Lucifer, in the guise of a serpent, corrupted mankind by first corrupting woman. He didn't try to convince Adam to eat the fruit, instead, he worked on Eve and told her that she would gain total control ("ye shall be as gods"). She then convinced Adam (a rather weak example of mankind, I think) to go along with her. I haven't listened to a woman's advice since.....(just kidding Honey!)

The Obama Doctrine

bigbill10 Wrote: Jul 19, 2014 10:15 AM
I think the best thing we can do with Obama in the White House is to build a psychological/electronic moat around it (and him) and prevent him from "coming out" as much as possible. He's already built the part that prevents people from coming in. Using computers and programmers, we can generate a simulation of America and play it for his news every day. When he issues Executive Orders, we'll simply create a simulation that each of the orders is being carried out to the letter and that everything is perfect and wonderful. As Obama basks in the limelight of his simulated success, we can go on living our real lives as we desire. In fact, this may have happened already!....Shhhhh.....nobody say anything........
Because of his continual lying, Obama has fallen under the Liar's Curse. The Liar's Curse is not that no one believes him, but that he is unable to believe anyone else.
Ultimately, Liberalism...or Progressivism.... is the American version of what you get when you believe yourself smart enough that you either don't need God, or that He doesn't even exist and the man,,,,Man....can solve all of his existential problems with his own intellect. This core belief creates all of the others.
Let me get this straight: I have a right to drop out of the US economy if I disagree with any of the laws/regulations that are imposed by the Federal, State and Local governments. In other words, I don't have to obey a law that I consider immoral if I change my situation so that the law no longer applies to me. Got it..

Christians and Economic "Inequality"

bigbill10 Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 7:12 PM
If Mr. Able, Mr, Baker and Mr. Charles vote to support the poor in their city by taking money from Mr. Charles alone (in a democratic 2:1 vote, or course), Mr, Able and Mr. Baker may feel very good indeed about their charitable motives. I'm quite skeptical. How about if they each give to the poor what each believes he can afford (or maybe even a bit more) and not worry about the amount the other guy is giving? That's true charity. If I give another man's money away, I've given away nothing of my own and I am actually quite selfish while thinking I'm quite charitable. That's worse than being simply stingy. It's a delusion..

Has the Right Lost Its Will to Fight?

bigbill10 Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 6:54 PM
I don't look forward to living in the world you envision. You may be right, but I hope not. I'm not going to return hate for hate-that IS the way to hell-on-Earth.

Step Right Up to MTV's Incest Plot

bigbill10 Wrote: Jul 18, 2014 11:01 AM
One you've gone over the moral edge at the Niagara Falls, what happens on the way down to the Deep is relatively inconsequential. We're over the edge.