When 1950s comedian Lenny Bruce titillated his audiences with the F-word and crude sex talk, liberals came to his defense. They reminded us that vulgar speech is not a crime: The First Amendment was not just designed to protect uplifting expression, but also rarer blasphemous and indecent...
Incredible column Mr. Hanson, Since Barry from Hawaii has been Teleprompter in Chief there's been a steady stream of Islamic challenges to our U.S. constitution. Footbaths, and the rejection of Holocaust Teachings in Minneapolis just a few examples. I wonder what would happen to a Coptic Christian who wanted to be sworn in, in Egyptian Parliament using the Bible? I regret not having saved news reports from Yemen, Egypt, Libya & Turkey when Andres Serrano's (P**S Christ) was being debated here, the condescending fodder was unbelievable that's why it's so funny to hear Islamics talk of tolerance......riiiight.
The American Left used to champion free expression. We were lectured -- correctly -- that the price of being repulsed by occasional crude talk and art was worth paying. Only that way could Americans ensure our daily right to criticize those with greater power and influence whom we found wrong and objectionable.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014