An Overdue Book

trailbee Wrote: Nov 28, 2012 7:26 PM
Do you think the people who were bused to their polling stations would have read this book? How about those informed SEIU employees who rigged the voting machines? I'm trying to find something interesting to do for the next four years, and rest my brain - except for those great op-eds on Townhall . :)

Jensen and Flynn

trailbee Wrote: Nov 27, 2012 1:07 PM
And that is such a shame, considering their heritage. I have a good friend who works as a Social Worker in the NM area school system. Her biggest stumbling blocks in trying to help Native students is the Hispanic administration who appear to despise their Native charges. It is an ethnic disaster.

Let Obama be Obama

trailbee Wrote: Nov 22, 2012 7:51 PM
Amen.

Hotels and Hassles

trailbee Wrote: Nov 21, 2012 12:31 PM
With the exception of last year, we have gone to LA to spend Christmas with our children and grandchildren. Staying with them is not an option, so we always use the same hotel, because of it's cleanliness. Over the years the service has deteriorated and no matter how glitzy and shiny the lobby looks, it is what goes on or doesn't in the room that makes the difference. Those little surveys no longer are placed in plain view by the bed. I woke up yesterday not wanting to make the trip this year, but there is no other way to see our family. Oh, well. Thank you, Dr. Sowell. Maybe I shouldn't have read this. :)

Killing The Goose

trailbee Wrote: Nov 20, 2012 1:37 PM
I pressed the wrong button and you ended up being flagged as being offensive. I made a mistake. Is there some way to unflag this? What I was actually trying to do was make a comment on volunteering and govt. unions. Please accept my apology. BV

How Conservatives Can Defeat Liberalism

trailbee Wrote: Nov 18, 2012 5:26 PM
I love this op-ed. Thank you. I thought that Mitt Romney lost because he thought the electorate was more educated and really understood what he was saying, eliminating the need to spell out, specifically, what his goals were. He was sadly mistaken. The silence in this campaign, and the silence articulated in Ms. Chavez' article are the same. Thinking that everyone is fully cognizant of the Founders' goals, Conservatives do not feel the need to explain themselves, which leaves the field wide open for those who are bent on our destruction. Did I get that right? Thank you.

Is Demography Destiny?

trailbee Wrote: Nov 14, 2012 12:50 PM
This campaign was a very noisy affair - on the liberal side. Very quiet on the GOP side. What is it that is so frightening to Conservatives that they will not or cannot articulate the basic concepts of faith and stewardship of our country? Put in the correct words, libs would be totally unable to refute our claim. Are we ashamed to tell the world we believe in God and are willing to follow his commands? Because that is the bottom line.

Groundhog Day in America

trailbee Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 12:16 PM
I don't think this president has any intention of putting "Humpty Dumpty" back together again. He needs his portion of the divided America to help him in 2014. His Ideology needs this second term for completion. There will be much Stonewalling and whining and justifying and excusing, but in the end, we will se a fractured Nation, just worse off than today.

The Uncool President

trailbee Wrote: Nov 01, 2012 1:03 PM
I agree. I was so frightened that people would adore someone who was about to fleece them, and they did not recognize the signs. To this day I still have a problem even using his name, which, of course, means I have come up with several new ones. Hopefully we can wrest our country back from this blackguard and his disciples.

Capital Gains Taxes

trailbee Wrote: Oct 03, 2012 11:42 AM
Thank you! Thank you! What a great way to explain/teach Taxation 101. That Buffett/Secretary stunt was one of the biggest hoaxes thought up by the current administration! Our country is so dumbed down people believed that crock!
Welcome to Townhall, Sir! Great to see/read you here. Hope you win your new FL district.