Hotels and Hassles

trailbee Wrote: Nov 21, 2012 12:31 PM
With the exception of last year, we have gone to LA to spend Christmas with our children and grandchildren. Staying with them is not an option, so we always use the same hotel, because of it's cleanliness. Over the years the service has deteriorated and no matter how glitzy and shiny the lobby looks, it is what goes on or doesn't in the room that makes the difference. Those little surveys no longer are placed in plain view by the bed. I woke up yesterday not wanting to make the trip this year, but there is no other way to see our family. Oh, well. Thank you, Dr. Sowell. Maybe I shouldn't have read this. :)

Killing The Goose

trailbee Wrote: Nov 20, 2012 1:37 PM
I pressed the wrong button and you ended up being flagged as being offensive. I made a mistake. Is there some way to unflag this? What I was actually trying to do was make a comment on volunteering and govt. unions. Please accept my apology. BV

How Conservatives Can Defeat Liberalism

trailbee Wrote: Nov 18, 2012 5:26 PM
I love this op-ed. Thank you. I thought that Mitt Romney lost because he thought the electorate was more educated and really understood what he was saying, eliminating the need to spell out, specifically, what his goals were. He was sadly mistaken. The silence in this campaign, and the silence articulated in Ms. Chavez' article are the same. Thinking that everyone is fully cognizant of the Founders' goals, Conservatives do not feel the need to explain themselves, which leaves the field wide open for those who are bent on our destruction. Did I get that right? Thank you.

Is Demography Destiny?

trailbee Wrote: Nov 14, 2012 12:50 PM
This campaign was a very noisy affair - on the liberal side. Very quiet on the GOP side. What is it that is so frightening to Conservatives that they will not or cannot articulate the basic concepts of faith and stewardship of our country? Put in the correct words, libs would be totally unable to refute our claim. Are we ashamed to tell the world we believe in God and are willing to follow his commands? Because that is the bottom line.

Groundhog Day in America

trailbee Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 12:16 PM
I don't think this president has any intention of putting "Humpty Dumpty" back together again. He needs his portion of the divided America to help him in 2014. His Ideology needs this second term for completion. There will be much Stonewalling and whining and justifying and excusing, but in the end, we will se a fractured Nation, just worse off than today.

The Uncool President

trailbee Wrote: Nov 01, 2012 1:03 PM
I agree. I was so frightened that people would adore someone who was about to fleece them, and they did not recognize the signs. To this day I still have a problem even using his name, which, of course, means I have come up with several new ones. Hopefully we can wrest our country back from this blackguard and his disciples.

Capital Gains Taxes

trailbee Wrote: Oct 03, 2012 11:42 AM
Thank you! Thank you! What a great way to explain/teach Taxation 101. That Buffett/Secretary stunt was one of the biggest hoaxes thought up by the current administration! Our country is so dumbed down people believed that crock!
Welcome to Townhall, Sir! Great to see/read you here. Hope you win your new FL district.

All-Time All-Stars

trailbee Wrote: Jul 09, 2012 11:19 PM
For the last couple of months I have been borrowing/returning/borrowing/returning Basic Economics from my County Library, because someone else was also reading this book. We are allowed to keep it for 3 weeks at a time, but because I was also reading several other books, I could not get it finished in the allotted time. A week or so ago, as I was in my car, waiting for my husband, I came across the Ted Williams stat and the "rule" for picking batters and who follows whom. I had never thought of it before, because I sort of gloss over the chit chat. I have watched every game since then. :) This op-ed was a wondrous gift. Thank you, Dr. Sowell! AND Ditto to Torr!

A Book for Republicans

trailbee Wrote: May 26, 2012 3:30 PM
Thank you, thank you. Now, do you know someone who performs miracles restoring hearing and flawed brain cells?

The Bad/Good Idea of Removing Assad

trailbee Wrote: May 26, 2012 3:04 PM
Remember Castro and Cuba? What about the Shah and Iran?