Random Thoughts

trailbee Wrote: Feb 12, 2013 1:48 PM
He's not?

Whose Welfare?

trailbee Wrote: Jan 30, 2013 8:00 PM
My friend is a social worker in another state, and counsels Reservation children. These young adults are using suicide as a means out of an intolerable situation. And a judge is now putting a child in there because the father has had his day in court, and because his DNA matches that of the child? I, too, get mail from Indian Reservations. I refuse to participate in this sham.

The War Between the Amendments

trailbee Wrote: Jan 18, 2013 12:39 PM
Yes, they will. :)

When Big Deficits Became Good

trailbee Wrote: Jan 10, 2013 2:02 PM
The "rich" category is not really that large. No matter, he has just begun on the next group - the middle class - many of them ardent voters who put him back in office. Oops, did he just leave the toilet seat up? Aw, gee. Yes, the honeymoon is over, people.

The Role of 'Educators'

trailbee Wrote: Jan 08, 2013 6:08 PM
As usual, the post is spot on. My grandchildren are all in elementary school, and coming home with some very unusual statements. But, although my daughter and her husband were recipients of high school indoctrination, and often do not "see" the dangers in what they hear, they are old and wise enough to sense the looming peril were the statements seen to their conclusion. Also, thanks for your Christmas Books post. I'm wading my way through your list, and your book arrived in today's mail. All 9 1/4 x 6 1/8 x 2 of it!!!! I did not read your first edition because I felt it was too "old" and was thrilled that you updated it. Thank you. Happy New Year. :)

2012: When Dreams Died

trailbee Wrote: Dec 28, 2012 1:13 PM
On the money. Thank you. Is Happy New Year appropriate here'?

Christmas Books

trailbee Wrote: Dec 11, 2012 1:04 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on the books. I bought a book in 2000 and put in on my bookshelf, thinking .... I just got to it this week. :) Many thanks for great articles. Please keep them coming. And, yes, Merry Christmas, Dr. Sowell!

The Kingdom of Fairness

trailbee Wrote: Dec 07, 2012 12:24 AM
Taxing the 1%, which has suddenly changed to 2%, has nothing to do with increasing revenue. It has everything to do with the Marxist goal of a classless society. Lack of money makes everyone equal. That is what Marx wanted, and that is what this prez is after. He doesn't give a damn about the finances of our country, only how to wipe out the higher earners and remove them from the playing field. Nothing else.

The Kingdom of Fairness

trailbee Wrote: Dec 07, 2012 12:18 AM

An Overdue Book

trailbee Wrote: Nov 28, 2012 7:26 PM
Do you think the people who were bused to their polling stations would have read this book? How about those informed SEIU employees who rigged the voting machines? I'm trying to find something interesting to do for the next four years, and rest my brain - except for those great op-eds on Townhall . :)

Jensen and Flynn

trailbee Wrote: Nov 27, 2012 1:07 PM
And that is such a shame, considering their heritage. I have a good friend who works as a Social Worker in the NM area school system. Her biggest stumbling blocks in trying to help Native students is the Hispanic administration who appear to despise their Native charges. It is an ethnic disaster.