But modern, free market conservatives have built on Hayek's recognition that social safety nets are not inconsistent with free markets, and just...
In response to:
How many times have you had to go without a roof over your head? Reason I ask these ?s is because I've been there and seen it 1st hand and it's not pretty. Now ppl will have to try anything they can not to get sick just so they can live.
As in so much else, Progressives hold an outdated conception of the debate over entitlements. They conceive it as the Left supporting generous entitlements for seniors and the poor with no questions asked, no obligations expected, versus the right supporting no safety net at all, let private charity handle it, and if some of the poor have to starve, and some of the sick suffer or die without health care, because private charity is inadequate, so be it.
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 54 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago