Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Why is McConnell laughing. Apparently he hasn't figured out how BHO operates yet. Either we get some Republican leadership that understands whats going on or else. McConnell acts like he has a say. Does he not understand what's going on? We are in a whole new era of political warfare. Time for him and Boehner to wake up.
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 mins ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago