The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
Sustainable development has been snuck in the back door on the local and county levels, ofttimes to the blithe ignorance of those officials, but more often with the full knowlege of what they are doing. It's the boiling-water-frog syndrome. Since it's broken down into so many parts (i.e. local actions), the vast majority of Americns don't even realize it's happening.
- Hallelujah: Aversion to the Renewable Fuel Standard seems to be catching on in Congress Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Chaos: HHS “asks” insurers to extend multiple ObamaCare deadlines Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Congratulations, Barack Obama, on winning PolitiFact’s “Lie of the Year”! Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CoveredCalifornia would like young people to drop it like it’s hot. Wait, wha…? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Open thread: House to vote on Boehner/Ryan budget deal soon; Update: 332-94; Update: Boehner votes yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hot news topic of the week: Is Santa white? Allahpundit 4 hours ago