Term limits do nothing but undercut democracy and temporally distort accountability. The only hope is to reduce the number of things the US federal government is charged to do. Give all that detritus of food stamps, welfare, social security and health care to the states, or if they choose not to do it, to the citizens. Reducing the size and scope of the federal government is our only hope, albeit apparently a far-fetched one.
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago