Term limits do nothing but undercut democracy and temporally distort accountability. The only hope is to reduce the number of things the US federal government is charged to do. Give all that detritus of food stamps, welfare, social security and health care to the states, or if they choose not to do it, to the citizens. Reducing the size and scope of the federal government is our only hope, albeit apparently a far-fetched one.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 7 hours ago