Term limits do nothing but undercut democracy and temporally distort accountability. The only hope is to reduce the number of things the US federal government is charged to do. Give all that detritus of food stamps, welfare, social security and health care to the states, or if they choose not to do it, to the citizens. Reducing the size and scope of the federal government is our only hope, albeit apparently a far-fetched one.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- DoD renames “unlawful combatants” in detainee manual to … Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Should Boehner protest Obama’s amnesty order by refusing to invite him to deliver the State of the Union? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Unity: Hagel firing brings consensus that Obama foreign policy is broken Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Nonpartisan organization confirms the GOP can defund Obama’s immigration order Noah Rothman 13 hours ago