I wish every conservative could write articles like this. To begin by carving out the truth in your opponents' positions is to achieve immediate credibility. With that established, you can proceed with the attack on all the fallacies, errors and lunacies. Too often, our side does what their side always does, which is to go straight to the attack, overlooking any points of agreement. While that may satisfy our more testosterone-laced members, it does not advance our cause or win us any converts. I wish someone with Mona's good sense and brilliant mind would take on Bill Clinton's convention speech. I think it did far more to win "moderate' votes for Obama than we are willing to admit, largely because he made some excellent points. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 12 hours ago