Your 'To Do' List to Save America

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 19, 2014 9:02 AM
THANK YOU FOR DONATING That's what the website said after I gave Scott Brown $100. I'm not a big guy, I'm a retired state government executive in CA. I'm not a life-long Republican, but a mid-life convert. I am NOT opposed to all government, just too much government and government in the wrong places. I'm not a staunch conservative nor an evangelical, but I am very comfortable with such people and admire many of them. I'm more focused on national defense and economic issues than I am on "social issues", but I am tired of the constant grinding down of our moral and traditional values by leftists masquerading as "good Americans". I am a huge Ann Coulter fan, even though I do NOT agree with her 100% of the time. Please join me in accepting her assignment. We absolutely MUST take the Senate, even if some of "our guys" are RINOs or CINOs, or whatever. Donate to Scott Brown!

Your 'To Do' List to Save America

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 19, 2014 8:55 AM
We would welcome you back to the real world should you choose to return.
Virginia is gone, so is California. Texas and other Blue States remain as our only hope.

Have You Heard About Hillary?

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 8:58 AM
Bill "kept us out of wars"? Who destroyed the CIA in the name of political correctness? Do you think the 9/11 plot was hatched under W's watch? Who bombed Europe for the first time since WWII?

Have You Heard About Hillary?

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 8:56 AM
No great mystery. After halting the rise of the sea (not so hard to do now that it's slowed to an infinitesimal crawl), re-re-setting with Russia (problem at a Soviet style celebration in Kiev), re-doing Obamacare so that it becomes Hillarycare at an even higher cost, going even deeper into debt with a new stimulus package (which will probably skip the shovel-ready rhetoric and go straight for the equine excrement that actually will fill those shovels) and then appointing Bill to oversee domestic violence in the NFL and sexual assault on college campi, she'll figure out some way to make her friends on Wall Street even richer.

Mob Rule Economics

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 13, 2014 8:44 AM
Brilliant, as always. I was also a relatively unskilled drop out once. The major difference between Dr. Sowell and I is not that he his black and I am white; it is that he went on to become the wisest man in America and I went on to become one of his most avid fans.

Few Interests, Fewer Friends in Middle East

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 11, 2014 10:49 AM
Sorry, I can not entirely agree. Of course, their is no simple answer and any alliances that are not based on fundamental agreement on the Western values of democracy, tolerance and capitalism will be transitory. That does not mean, however, that we should not engage in any such alliances. What if the enemy of our enemy today will later be our enemy? Well, don't give them arms that we can not beat on the battlefield, but other than that, make alliance, help them win, then kill them later. The Kurds and the Israelis are our only true friends there, so we should support them as much as needed for them to survive. All others are mere expediencies in the apparently infinite fight to destroy Islamists of all stripes. Is this an American vision? Perhaps not in a textbook since, unless that textbook is history, wherein the defining characteristic of Americanism is pragmatism.
I agree that it is an invasion and I will never vote for any Republican who puts "reform" in front of enforcement, both at the border and in the workplace. But, I want to cut her some slack. The only way enforcement can ever happen is if we elect a Republican president, and even then it will have to be that rare Republican willing to take the heat. However, if real enforcement ever happened, I'd support some reforms: guest worker programs, more visas for scientists and other in-demand professions, but never amnesty for those now here illegally.

Favors and Loot for Sale

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 10, 2014 11:18 AM
Williams, you are right on. Reducing the size and scope of the federal government is an absolute must. Far better for it to happen by the will of the people and the force of the Constitution than by the collapse of the economy and the dollar. Sadly, the latter seems much more likely than the former.

Hold On, Mr. President

BFDOFR Wrote: Sep 10, 2014 11:12 AM
Conch, I don't disagree, which is why indicated that both democrats and republicans are responsible for the fact that we would be a basket case if we were not the world's reserve currency. We absolutely MUST roll back entitlements, reform the income tax and reduce discretionary spending. But, we also absolutely MUST maintain a military that is vastly superior to any other in the world and not hesitate to use it to maintain security and our national interests.