All forms are similar, and none are the same, So that their chorus points the way to a hidden law, Goethe quoted by Levi-Strauss. I know we deal with incomplete information when I think on the deeds and conduct of the rulers of the DPRK. But I know enough. I have a thesis model--Kim Jong Un is not in charge, and when he was in charge he was incompetent. How do I know? Well the point man for solidifying the Kim family's power,Uncle Jang--was arrested by soldiers, tried by a military court, and shot by soldiers. From these I know that the military is running the show. And press reports are saying that Kim did not expect Uncle Jang to be shot right away. That just shows me that he does not have a clue how things work in the DPRK. I'm probably the only person on the planet who believes that the arrest and execution of Uncle Jang was a good thing for the DPRK, for it postponed or averted a catastrophe of Uncle Jang's making.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago