Hanson specifically wrote that In the 1920s, Japan began to translate its growing economic might into formidable military power. Let the record show that the Qing Dynasty in China ceded Taiwan to Japan to conclude the first Sino-Japanese war and Japan and pursuant to the Treaty of Portsmouth which concluded the Russo-Japanese War, Russia evacuated Manchuria and recognized Korea as being under the Japanese sphere of influence. Japan would annex Korea in 1910. Japan began to translate its power to military power decades before Hanson wrote. Your comment has no relevance.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago