Medicare's cuts will be implemented by changing the way fees for the diagnostic procedures are calculated. Instead of reimbursing neurologists for each nerve analyzed, the new billing codes...
As I climb upon my soapbox and shout to the masses, again, I say we will have insurance up to eyeballs and will not be able to find one doctor who takes it. The way to fix healthcare is 1) pay off med student bills by getting them to agree to a 10 year contract to start a practice in an underserved area. This country is running out of family care physicians. 2) Doctors and hospitals should post their prices so people can shop around. And 3) Allow insurance to be bought and sold across state lines just like car insurance. Insurance companies have monopolies. Govt needs to get out of trying to run our healthcare system. Is it any wonder Medicare is broke? Govt needs to provide a stable and secure environment for medicine to operate in.
Neurologists are about to feel the sting of the Affordable Care Act. Beginning Jan. 1, Medicare will be paying them less for electrodiagnostic procedures used in identifying and treating a wide range of nerve and muscle disorders. Reimbursement rates for some tests will be slashed by more than 50 percent, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services estimates that payments to neurologists overall will shrink by 7 percent next year.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 8 hours ago