Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
There are quite a few communists residing in Congress. They all belong to the Democratic Party. Susan Rice's problems are ones she has brought upon herself. When you tow the party line or take one for the team expect the repercussions that come. When you lie to the public as a employee of the public, you are not fit for the job. Goodbye Ms. Rice. Sounds like you've got plenty of money anyway ($20million or so) so being out of a job shouldn't hurt that bad. Maybe you'll qualify for unemployment benefits.
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago