Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
There are quite a few communists residing in Congress. They all belong to the Democratic Party. Susan Rice's problems are ones she has brought upon herself. When you tow the party line or take one for the team expect the repercussions that come. When you lie to the public as a employee of the public, you are not fit for the job. Goodbye Ms. Rice. Sounds like you've got plenty of money anyway ($20million or so) so being out of a job shouldn't hurt that bad. Maybe you'll qualify for unemployment benefits.
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 23 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago