Cast your mind back to the rise of the Tea Party, when any liberal within shouting distance of a microphone conspicuously opined about the very worrisome violent undertones of the movement. After Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot by an apolitical madman, the Left instantly blamed conservative speech and delivered bad-faith lectures about the importance of "civility." And as Republicans (and some Democrats) have pushed common-sense voter identification laws to ensure the integrity of our electoral system, so-called progressives have furiously denounced their opponents' alleged "voter suppression" efforts. With all of that in mind, how are some liberals behaving...
Well not all do, but I try to. I don't think you should think the same as me. I like a lot of what conservatives have to offer, but I don't agree on every point. It does not mean that I think less of them, it does however make me want to understand them more. Not that they're wrong, I think our differences can make us a stronger nation.
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago