If I were a party to the lawsuit that precipitated this change in the law, I would petition the judge to declare that it is still too restrictive and ask that it be stricken and give them about 10 days to come up with something like the other states have or give a permanent injunction.
At sometime in my past, I remember reading a science fiction story where the premise was based upon controlling population growth via homosexuality. Only the elite few were allowed to have heterosexual relationships to provide replacement people. Seems that Mr. Denson might have read the same story. I never cease to be amazed at how stupid so-called experts can be sometimes - I am sure it is the only way they can get media attention. Right now, the latest numbers I have read indicate that population growth has slowed and is expected to peak by the end of this century - primarily due to improved medicine and no need for families to have 10 kids in order to have two or three survive. Also a result of continually improving living standards. The joke in the electric power industry is that you can get a grant for any kind of research (no matter how ridiculous) as long as you end your description of what you want to study with the words "as it relates to global warming."

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

Berniefeh Wrote: Jan 08, 2014 10:58 AM
Agreed, but it could turn the other way. Why advertise high value merchandise. Those .45's would easily be worth $500 on the street.

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

Berniefeh Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 8:25 PM
Your nagging feeling is not born out by the facts. Statistics have shown that, as said here by others, concealed carry permit holders are even more law abiding than law enforcement. For example, one year, in Florida with over 200,000 permits issued, only three had been revoked for criminal activity and none of the revocations involved a weapons charge. Sorry I don't have the citation any more - it was a Florida newspaper research item.

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

Berniefeh Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 8:22 PM
Maybe you are just lucky he didn't decide to shoot you and get both your guns to sell too. I'm glad things turned out well for you. Not always the case.

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

Berniefeh Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 6:23 PM
There is a theory that the gun grabbers are so unsure of their own emotional control that they fear they would pull a gun and use it in the heat of an argument so they assume that the rest of us must be just as unstable. I carry almost all of the time - not in courthouses or other places prohibited by law. If I come to a business that prohibits carrying guns, I have a card from nicorazz.com that says: NO GUNS = NO MONEY which I give them and then go to another business. You should see the surprised looks I get. I have never given thought to pulling my gun to settle an argument. If it ever got that heated, I would simply walk away because no amount of discussion will settle the issue.

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

Berniefeh Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 3:51 PM
The answer is found in Canada and Australia - murders with blunt objects (baseball bats, etc.) goes way up when you don't have handguns. The answer is make it a lot easier for law-abiding blacks (which is almost all of them) to get and carry concealed weapons. You will see the murder rate of blacks on blacks drop significantly. The ruling yesterday in Chicago will make it easier for Chicago residents to get guns and when they start issuing CCW permits, I expect to see significant drop in murders. That is really going to cause angst among the citizen (gun) control group.

Ok Let's Have Open Carry on Campus

Berniefeh Wrote: Jan 07, 2014 1:38 PM
When I first started carrying after getting my CCW permit, my wife was a little uncomfortable. One night, on a trip, we wound up booking a room in advance and found it to be in a questionable part of town. Suddenly, she was very comfortable with the 9mm pistol on the night stand beside my side of the bed. Ever since then, she is happy that I carry and has no problem with the gun beside the bed. According to my local sheriff, in order to get my CCW permit, I had to undergo the same background check as a law enforcement candidate except for the financial report since they aren't worried about my taking a bribe in my official capacity. He is happy to have gun owners and CCW permit holders in his county. It makes the county safer because, when seconds count, a patrol car is only as much as 40 minutes or more away depending upon what part of the county they are in when the call comes in. When I was a college student in the 1960's, we were supposed to keep check our guns with the dorm manager. But he was never around when you wanted to check it out so everyone kept them in the back corner of their closet (so the resident advisor wouldn't see them and HAVE to report it). It was not unusual to see kids walking around with guns in their hands. No one worried about it or about being shot. In Colorado, CU prohibited concealed carry and CSU did not. The crime rate (especially rape) was much higher on the CU campus. Finally the Supreme Court told CU that they could not ignore state law. So now you can carry on the campus but not in the buildings. Means that a student must leave a gun in the trunk of the car and be unprotected in that trip from the car to the building. Great opportunity for rapists still. What were the Regents thinking? Now we have a liberal trying to get a petition to prohibit concealed carry on the campuses again. Personally, I think that open carry is just plain stupid. You are making yourself a first shot target to a shooter. If it is concealed, the shooter doesn't know who is armed and presents a danger to him. Just like the Aurora theater shooter, he drove past several theaters with the same Batman movie playing to get to one that posted no guns so he could have a shooting gallery without danger of being shot.
According to the Missouri Torch, the law requires notification if the parent owns a WEAPON. Why bother with the notification, just look at the school enrollment - I bet every parent owns a kitchen knife which would qualify as a "weapon". Just another case of a politician trying to show her base that she is "doing something" by getting another law passed, even if it is useless.
I have a concealed carry permit and I think you are a fool to carry openly. You make yourself a target for a bad guy. I carry most places I go. If there is a sign saying guns are not permitted, I find another place to do business. I have a business card that explains that I won't do business in such an establishment and I give it to a clerk to give to the owner. As far as Starbucks goes, since I carry concealed, I would still go in with my firearm but no one would know and therefore there would be no uproar. If I were carrying openly, I would not go in.