Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
What are you moronic Libs going to do when there are no rich people to pay for you? You love living under the generosity of capitolism but God forbis that you get a job and support it.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago