Why Ezra Klein is an Idiot

Bernard83 Wrote: 20 hours ago (7:18 AM)
Buzz Words are great. I just love them but when everyone starts using a word just because, as John observes, 'to make themselves sound important or in the know', I have to chuckle and note to myself that the person I'm listening to doesn't know what they are talking about. For example; Optics as a 'buzz word' to try to describe how something appears to others. when it really means the following; optics |'äptiks| pluralnoun [ usu. treated as sing. ] the scientific study of sight and the behavior of light, or the properties of transmission and deflection of other forms of radiation. optic |'äptik| adjective of or relating to the eye or vision. noun 1 a lens or other optical component in an optical instrument. 2 archaic or humorous the eye. ORIGIN late Middle English: from French optique or medieval Latin opticus, from Greek optikos, from optos ‘seen.’ Of course the proper word would be 'Appearance' but that would seem so common and un educated. Wouldn't it?

Scrap Labor Day for 9/11 Day

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 9:13 AM
Me too

Scrap Labor Day for 9/11 Day

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 8:05 AM
Unlike you Bill, I have never been a member of any union but I have worked on jobs where there were union workers and non union workers. What I observed was that union workers, protected by their union contracts, were much less productive than non union workers. I believe that unions have adversely affected the productivity of the nation and that is because unions can participate politically in the campaigns of elected officials whether they be in government or industry and then they can negotiate with those same officials for contracts and they use their influence to negotiate contracts that are not in the best interests of either the workers, the employers or the nation.

Scrap Labor Day for 9/11 Day

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 12, 2014 7:58 AM
John. Thanks for the up date on unions. I have long held the belief that if unions want to negotiate contracts with elected officials then they should not be permitted to contribute in anyway to the campaigns of those elected officials and that if they want to influence elections by contributing to campaigns then they should not be permitted to negotiate contracts with those officials. Individual members of unions could support what ever candidate they wanted just like everyone else.

Al Sharpton Vs The Teleprompter (Again)

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 05, 2014 7:56 AM
Obviously among the many things the rev can't do is 'read' . 'Nuff said.

Prepare for War

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 05, 2014 7:46 AM
No one can surrender to islam for me, Maury.

Prepare for War

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 05, 2014 7:44 AM
Well now…. I just realized that I must be the smartest, most talented man in the world because I find golfing completely boring and if the 0bama finds it stimulating, and he must because he spends so much time doing it, I must be even smarter and more talented than he. In order to be fulfilled I have to be busy making something or inventing some new thing or testing a prototype of a new idea. Golfing or gaming just won't cut it for me 'the smartest most talented man in the world'.

It Takes a President

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 8:40 AM
Bill. You're going to need more than a box trap to feed your family. Do you plan to kill the critters you catch? If so why use a box trap instead of a regular snare or conibear trap.

It Takes a President

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 8:17 AM
Wrong. Not voting does the greatest harm.

It Takes a President

Bernard83 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 8:16 AM
So, Marlene, you have all the problems and their causes identified, What solutions can you offer. Sounds like you don't vote. Is that your answer? If so you don't deserve to live in America where people have fought and died to give and preserve that right for you. I believe that the real problem with America today is people like you.