Clearly there is undeniably a massive problem with public education. If there wasn't there would be no need for remedial math and English classes in universities.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago