Clearly there is undeniably a massive problem with public education. If there wasn't there would be no need for remedial math and English classes in universities.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 4 hours ago