Clearly there is undeniably a massive problem with public education. If there wasn't there would be no need for remedial math and English classes in universities.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago