Agreed, but he meant the Education Departments in most (if not all) universities and colleges. Normally the top GPA's were from Education Dept, because the course load was so easy a caveman could do it. They were shamed my graduation year when the only 4.0 GPA was an honors Math major (not me). A whole slew of Education majors couldn't get a 4.0, sad. Just sad.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago