One might also note that computer-based medical information is -- very easily -- made a matter of public record.
Imagine a world where fossil fuel vehicles are gradually outlawed in favor of electric cars. The government would at first give incentives to those who purchase electric cars and then gradually replace those incentives with penalties for cars that use fossil fuel. As implausible as this appears, it is already happening with light bulbs, toilets and wind turbines. The government fancies itself as entitled to decide what works best for everyone.
A similar process is currently ongoing with health information technology (HIT). The Feds have appointed themselves as the final judge of how HIT should be used. The American Recovery...
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago