One might also note that computer-based medical information is -- very easily -- made a matter of public record.
Imagine a world where fossil fuel vehicles are gradually outlawed in favor of electric cars. The government would at first give incentives to those who purchase electric cars and then gradually replace those incentives with penalties for cars that use fossil fuel. As implausible as this appears, it is already happening with light bulbs, toilets and wind turbines. The government fancies itself as entitled to decide what works best for everyone.
A similar process is currently ongoing with health information technology (HIT). The Feds have appointed themselves as the final judge of how HIT should be used. The American Recovery...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 8 hours ago