Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Of course he reacted just like a liberal and told me to make a case and file it with the state atty office. I thought maybe he didn't hear me when I said it was a toy gun. This sgt then ordered me to file charges for "poss of a weapon on school grounds". Yes, let's ruin a kids life and make up charges. Needless to say a sane detective and state atty rightfully declined the case! Did I mention this sgt was a former liberal school teacher? (sarcasm). Does zero tolerance mean zero common sense?!!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago