Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Of course he reacted just like a liberal and told me to make a case and file it with the state atty office. I thought maybe he didn't hear me when I said it was a toy gun. This sgt then ordered me to file charges for "poss of a weapon on school grounds". Yes, let's ruin a kids life and make up charges. Needless to say a sane detective and state atty rightfully declined the case! Did I mention this sgt was a former liberal school teacher? (sarcasm). Does zero tolerance mean zero common sense?!!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago