Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Of course he reacted just like a liberal and told me to make a case and file it with the state atty office. I thought maybe he didn't hear me when I said it was a toy gun. This sgt then ordered me to file charges for "poss of a weapon on school grounds". Yes, let's ruin a kids life and make up charges. Needless to say a sane detective and state atty rightfully declined the case! Did I mention this sgt was a former liberal school teacher? (sarcasm). Does zero tolerance mean zero common sense?!!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago