Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Of course he reacted just like a liberal and told me to make a case and file it with the state atty office. I thought maybe he didn't hear me when I said it was a toy gun. This sgt then ordered me to file charges for "poss of a weapon on school grounds". Yes, let's ruin a kids life and make up charges. Needless to say a sane detective and state atty rightfully declined the case! Did I mention this sgt was a former liberal school teacher? (sarcasm). Does zero tolerance mean zero common sense?!!!
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 19 mins ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago