I think what's really causing this culture of ignorance and lack of critical thinking for oneself is America's championing of faith and gut-instinct over objective observation, fact and critical thinking. So what if 99% of credible scientists fully endorse the theory of evolution and can show repeated examples of objective evidence? My pastor (who incidentally has no background in biological science) told me that we haven't come from monkeys and God created is just as we are! So what if 99% of credible scientists fully endorse the theory that Global Warming exists and can show repeated examples of objective evidence? Rush limbaugh (who incidentally has no background in natural sciences) told me that it doesn't exist!
The worst part about censorship is that there are college professors who are too stupid to know what it actually means, or worse, that sometimes pretend to be too stupid to know what it actually means. Censorship occurs when the government stops objectionable speech from being disseminated. It does not occur when the government refuses to actually subsidize speech that may be deemed objectionable. But sometimes professors and low-level college administrators pretend that refusal to fund government speech is censorship. They usually do this when the speech is so bad that no one else would ever subsidize it. So they adopt...
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 14 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago