Spirit of capitalism? You got to be joking! Look: In schools, everything has been dumbed down so that the lowest common denominator students are on even ground as the exceptional and so can share in academic "success". In other words the top was pulled down, not the bottom expected to rise up (standards lowered). Now the push is to do the same economically. Capitalism states that the best, brightest and hardest working get the chance (not the guarantee, mind) to be successful. Rather than expect the lower economic group to adopt practices that make the upper economic classes successful, the levels of success must all be dragged down so the lowest are guaranteed a piece of it sans the work to make it happen. This nation, not its leaders but its CITIZENS don't want a spirit of capitalism environment. They want as much free stuff that others pay for as they can get.
Republicans already lost this one and will not stick their necks out to stop it. They can't repeal it because they don't have the votes. Sen Ted Cruz (TX) and others are trying to prevent it from being funded but too many republicans in house and senate will find it less politically painful to simply hope it will crush itself after it is implemented rather than risking a govt. shutdown over funding it. "It is already the law of the land," I can hear them whimper, "All we can do is let it play out." What a bunch of spineless wimps!

When History is Not Helpful

Beircheart2 Wrote: Jul 27, 2013 1:00 PM
Wow! What a crock of manure! I challenge you find any country on the planet where slaves were NOT an integral part of its establishment. There are none because back then slavery was the accepted practice. As for my ancestors immediately benefiting simply because they were white, that is a complete fabrication made up by you to make yourself feel better about your own ignorant positions. Read a history book, man. For the love of God, read a history book! And that was all you could find in my post to comment about? What? My points about American slavery being an extension of English slavery (based on your posts it may shock you to discover we were ENGLISH in the beginning) or the fact Blacks were far more culpable than whites for the commerce of slavery are simply to historically factual to address? What a looser!

When History is Not Helpful

Beircheart2 Wrote: Jul 27, 2013 12:53 PM
Well duh! Either people don't want to see the truth or they have an agenda that profits from the perpetuation of the lie. Those in the first camp are cowards. Those in the second, pure evil. Guess which camp is seated in the Oval Office.

When History is Not Helpful

Beircheart2 Wrote: Jul 26, 2013 9:30 AM
An interesting historical fact that is almost always overlooked is that the slave trade in America was nothing more than an extension of what existed in the British West Indies when America was colonized. Furthermore, it was a predominantly black industry where the slaves were captured and sold by other blacks. Yet you never hear any petitions being rammed toward England's houses of parliament nor of neighbors in black communities knocking on each others doors demanding payback for what that neighbors ancestors did to theirs (possibly: my own ancestors didn't arrive in America until well after slavery was abolished and never owned anybody, so how exactly am I accountable?).

“Darwin’s Doubt”

Beircheart2 Wrote: Jul 25, 2013 9:39 PM
So God is the author of lies deliberately told to hide the truth from man? Or did I misunderstand your post.

The Question Should Be Why

Beircheart2 Wrote: Jul 25, 2013 6:28 PM
He has been a colossal failure according to every measure you can apply: foreign policy = failure; domestic policy = failure; political unity = failure; racial unity = failure; fiscal policy = failure; defending the Constitution = failure; transparency of administration = failure; insert-your-own-metric-here = failure. His entire presidency = failure and he will be remembered in history as the WORST president the United States has ever known. My fear is he will also be remembered as the president who brought about the destruction of America.

The Question Should Be Why

Beircheart2 Wrote: Jul 25, 2013 6:20 PM
I am so sick of this resurgence of claiming discrimination over skin color when nothing in America could be farther from the truth. I am White. On the very long list of people I admire are Tomas Sowell, Ben Carson, Condoleezza Rice, Star Parker, Walter Williams and many others. Nor am I alone in being a White person who looks up to these Black individuals. Yet these same individuals are typically loathed by blacks. So obviously skin color does not prevent whites from admiring nor does it automatically mean approval from blacks. All that is left then is to accept that skin color is NOT where the differences lie. That leaves social attitudes. In that, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, and all other races are in the same boat because we all have the same ailments afflicting us. Group 1 accepts that they are accountable for their success and failure. Group 2 believes that they should be allowed to do whatever they want with no accountability attached. Abortion: Group1: I shouldn’t have had unprotected sex, now I have a baby. Group2: Get an abortion. School: Group 1: Bust my rear in school and improve my chances to get a good job. Group 2: Blow off school and I still deserve to be taken care of. Personal appearance: Group 1: How I look effects how I am treated. Group 2: I should be able to look like a ‘gangsta’ without being treated like I am one.

Self-Flagellation Republican Style

Beircheart2 Wrote: Mar 19, 2013 2:32 PM
What the Republican party is missing is swagger. I know that isn't a great political point but it is relevant when it comes to elections. Look at our past offerings. They mostly have watery porridge: non-confrontational, compromising, soft selling their message and about as exciting to watch as an episode of Oprah. The party needs a dynamic uncompromising character who possesses both intelligence and conviction. They need pizazz. Face reality, folks. Sensationalism has taken over journalism because it sells. On the field of ideas we conservatives win hands down simply because the other side is so bereft of fact and reality. So why do they keep winning? Presentation!

5 Reasons Barack Obama is a Creep

Beircheart2 Wrote: Mar 02, 2013 10:30 AM
He is a reflection of the society that elected him. Scary that they either are in the majority or are the most active element.