Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
I always am amazed when the teachings of Jesus are used to bolster the argument for social justice. I'm sure that Jesus would be strongly in favor of government programs that enable an 80% illegitimate birth rate or generation after generation existing solely on government sustenance. Another strawman argument is to assume hypocrisy in those who are against socialistic policies but rely on Social Security and Medicare. Although incredibly failed programs, they were sold on the basis that their benefits are earned by the lifetime labor of its participants. The fact that those lifetime contributions were squandered does not mean that those programs equate with any "redistribution" through giveaway programs.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 11 hours ago