A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
When we have parasites at the helm, there is no remedy for our future.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 9 hours ago