What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
I like Cain, and know he is a good man. But his idiotic responses, actually non-responses, to some of the questions posed to him gave me pause. Conservatives can be very good, but every good conservative shouldn't be serving in elected office. They also have to be able think on their feet, and that was not Cain's forte.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago