What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
I like Cain, and know he is a good man. But his idiotic responses, actually non-responses, to some of the questions posed to him gave me pause. Conservatives can be very good, but every good conservative shouldn't be serving in elected office. They also have to be able think on their feet, and that was not Cain's forte.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 21 minutes ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago