What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
I like Cain, and know he is a good man. But his idiotic responses, actually non-responses, to some of the questions posed to him gave me pause. Conservatives can be very good, but every good conservative shouldn't be serving in elected office. They also have to be able think on their feet, and that was not Cain's forte.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 5 hours ago