Two groups are elated over the sudden and dramatic demise of John Boehner's "Plan B" in the House of Representatives last night: Liberals -- who are thrilled to see their opponents in utter shambles -- and hardline conservatives, who view the development as a principled victory and a much-needed rebuke of the GOP's weak-kneed leadership. National Review Washington Editor Robert Costa was on the Hill during the collapse, and filed a must-read story about how it all went down. In short, a demoralized Boehner stunned the caucus with a brusque announcement that he was pulling the bill. The...
We've truly reached critical mass for evil in this country, and there is no going back the normal political way. Avoid the fiscal cliff? We have ALREADY gone off that cliff long ago, as well as the moral cliff. What other calamity can possibly befall us? The logical progression of this slide was hinted at by Ayn Rand and others: a complete collapse of society upon itself, destroying the very parasites that have brought about this demise, and rebuilding from the ashes with absolutely NO MERCY shown to any surviving parasites and their pernicious world view.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago