The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
Reality doesn't favor the Warren/Obama viewpoint: - non-taxpaying leeches don't contribute to the so-called "social contract" at all. When Warren and Obama talk to these free-loaders about how business builders didn't get there on their own, they should tell them that at most, it was the taxpayer who helped, not them. - Successful business owners pay WAAAY more taxes toward infrastructure than they get back. They are not only building their own business but also funding their percentage of the public infrastructure needed to build their business (plus supporting the societal leeches at the same time). - Consumers benefit more from the efforts of the business owner than he does himself. Ergo, businesses shouldn't have to pay taxes at all
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago