Freedomist, the 10th Amendment is a statement of principle that assumes that the statists will not incrementally expand the meaning of the rest of the Constitution to the detriment of the 10th Amendment. The commerce clause is the most notorious area of statist incrementalism that crowds out the 10th. These amendments restore specific authority back to the states in several ways that the 10th Amendment SHOULD have laid out but didn't. Also, to reiterate, the notion that Levin is proposing a Constitutional Convention that can be taken over is absurd on its face. There is no Constitutional provision for a Constitutional Convention where the Constitution itself is up for grabs. It's simply impossible.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 54 mins ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago