Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Unfortunately, McConnell has nothing to do with the debt deal. That belongs with his cohort Boehner in the House, who is notorious for shady deals and handshakes behind the scenes. Trust me, people. Boehner and Obama made a "deal" months ago. They are just playing for the cameras and talking tough until the last minute of the last hour of the year - then they announce some grand bargain that completely destroys what is left of the American culture. Remember this - the GOP has had as much fault in the destruction of this country as Obama. When those vultures come around and ask you for your vote again... think about it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 12 hours ago