Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Unfortunately, McConnell has nothing to do with the debt deal. That belongs with his cohort Boehner in the House, who is notorious for shady deals and handshakes behind the scenes. Trust me, people. Boehner and Obama made a "deal" months ago. They are just playing for the cameras and talking tough until the last minute of the last hour of the year - then they announce some grand bargain that completely destroys what is left of the American culture. Remember this - the GOP has had as much fault in the destruction of this country as Obama. When those vultures come around and ask you for your vote again... think about it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 9 hours ago