Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Unfortunately, McConnell has nothing to do with the debt deal. That belongs with his cohort Boehner in the House, who is notorious for shady deals and handshakes behind the scenes. Trust me, people. Boehner and Obama made a "deal" months ago. They are just playing for the cameras and talking tough until the last minute of the last hour of the year - then they announce some grand bargain that completely destroys what is left of the American culture. Remember this - the GOP has had as much fault in the destruction of this country as Obama. When those vultures come around and ask you for your vote again... think about it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 5 hours ago