The House approved a bill to rescind the executive order President Obama signed last week that ended the pay freeze on federal employees, which meant that some federal workers would be getting a raise—including members of Congress. A number of lawmakers spoke out about the absurdity of the pay increase and timing of the move. Rep. Michele Bachmann said in a statement, “This executive order was not requested by Congress and we should reject it. We have a spending problem in our country and we should be looking for areas to cut spending. At a time when families...
I looked at it very closely and I found two Republicans that voted for this and both are from Virginia-Rob Wittman and Frank Wolf-the rest are Dims.
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago