Let's begin with the unpopularity, then move on to the substantive issues. Sooner or later, the latter will impact the former. A new poll reveals that the same people who re-elected this president by a three-point margin still oppose his signature "accomplishment" by double-digits. Independents remain particularly sour on the law, the worst bits of which are slated for implementation over the next two years. In Jeffrey Anderson's write-up of CNN's poll, he explains why voters didn't unequivocally embrace Obamaism on November 6th (via Mary...
In response to:
Marie-Most of the time these guys who run for the House are just regular guys-usually small business owners-who go into with a lot of enthusiam and plans. Then they get there and find out how impossible it is to work in the system and get anything done. Most are not really prepared when they get there for the harsh realities they find. I've known several guys who got elected to a House seat and found that the cards are stacked against them when they get there. They were very disilliusioned.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 5 hours ago