In the wake of President Obama's re-election, the public opinion dam has seemingly begun to burst on one hotly-contested social issue: Same-sex unions. Are Americans moving decisively leftward on abortion, too? I spent the last week in Boulder, Colorado at the annual Conference on World Affairs. It's an overwhelmingly liberal crowd, so one of my more challenging tasks was discussing "reproductive rights" on a panel comprised of pro-choice women and me. In order to inoculate myself against the inevitable "you're not a woman" critique, I cited statistics demonstrating that (a) being pro-life is a mainstream, if not majority position;...
Will the Pro-Choice movement squander this crisis? Can the Pro-Choice advocates take a lesson from the Newtown massacre crisis, used to push for a gun control agenda and second amendment restrictions? Did we ever think abortion would not "evolve" to this this point? This dirty little secret goes on all over the country, Kermit Gosell just happened to be a little too sloppy in his practice. He obviously did not attend the Tiller abortion clinic
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago