Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
This gun control argument is missing one key ingredient. What's it supposed to cost for the government to keep tabs on all guns and gun owners in this country. My guess is about 3.5 million new federal bureaucrats judging from what is lately a standard work load for such data crunchers. Ofcourse Obama already has that angle covered, "Even if it only saves one life it's all worth it". Ok Obama you pay for all the drones, we're tired. For sure, program after program, the administrative costs are totally ignored. The census for one cost 4 times what was budgeted for it and that was easily 10 times what a national accounting firm could have done it for.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago