Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
This gun control argument is missing one key ingredient. What's it supposed to cost for the government to keep tabs on all guns and gun owners in this country. My guess is about 3.5 million new federal bureaucrats judging from what is lately a standard work load for such data crunchers. Ofcourse Obama already has that angle covered, "Even if it only saves one life it's all worth it". Ok Obama you pay for all the drones, we're tired. For sure, program after program, the administrative costs are totally ignored. The census for one cost 4 times what was budgeted for it and that was easily 10 times what a national accounting firm could have done it for.
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms; Update: Hoax? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago