We will see an enormous decision that must be made on the Bush income taxes and the payroll tax holiday, but what might provide more problems between the parties are the sequester spending cuts. Democrats do not want to admit that they have pushed sharp defense decreases upon the country as a "compromise" for raising the debt ceiling last time. It's surprising that...
In response to:
They're in real trouble, those that agreed to the "automatic" sequestration cuts in order to hand Obama 4.3 trillion dollars for his re-election, that is. Were out of authorized counterfeit again. If the congress makes a deal to not cut the spending, then allows the printing up of trillions more, the bond rateing agencies are going to make an example out of the United States. By 'printing up, I am stating that the federal reserve buys up more than 75% of the US debt, they get the trillions from the treasury dept.'s printing press, then give it to the member banks, who use it for bribes and bonuses. The bond rateing agencies have been making life miserable for the european debtors and won't hesitate to downgrade the US below investment
There will be a lame duck session between Election Day 2012 and January 2013, when President Obama has his second inauguration and the next Congress takes office. And in that time, incredibly important policy must be decided.
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 30 mins ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 3 hours ago