A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
What's sad but true, is the takers view government borrowing as the 'free money express' of unlimited resources. It doesn't appear that any of that "free Money" will ever get paid back before our currence collapses. So what do we do? Among the things that worked so far is called "workfare" Require some work to be exchanged for the support. We had that until september when Obama decided to become more politically popular by stopping it, because he had just allowed illegal aliens access to the jobs of the welfare clients. Another thing that works is limits to the government assistance.
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 52 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago