The Presidential Inauguration Committee set a goal of raising $50 million for Barack Obama's second inauguration, but have turned to big corporations and big labor unions in order to make it there. AT&T, Bank of America, FedEx, Microsoft and Coca-Cola are all on the official list of inauguration donors this year. Joining those corporations are the American Federation of Government Employees, the American Postal Workers Union,...
I remember when democrat rep Jim Traficant of Ohio sent some money to Rush Limbaugh because Rush (who called Traficant his favority democrat) gave him a tie. Traficant, you know, served time for corruption. Fast forward to Obama taking hundreds of millions of dollars worth of luxury vacations from wealthy donors who out of the goodness of their hearts, "expect nothing in return". No wonder Obama burns through trillions of imaginary dollars with not a syllable of distain from democrats.
President Obama's 2009 inauguration was bolstered by the feelings of "hope and change" that boosted the President to electoral victory. His official inauguration committee eschewed corporate donations back then, but times have changed dramatically.
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 53 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago