The Presidential Inauguration Committee set a goal of raising $50 million for Barack Obama's second inauguration, but have turned to big corporations and big labor unions in order to make it there. AT&T, Bank of America, FedEx, Microsoft and Coca-Cola are all on the official list of inauguration donors this year. Joining those corporations are the American Federation of Government Employees, the American Postal Workers Union,...
I remember when democrat rep Jim Traficant of Ohio sent some money to Rush Limbaugh because Rush (who called Traficant his favority democrat) gave him a tie. Traficant, you know, served time for corruption. Fast forward to Obama taking hundreds of millions of dollars worth of luxury vacations from wealthy donors who out of the goodness of their hearts, "expect nothing in return". No wonder Obama burns through trillions of imaginary dollars with not a syllable of distain from democrats.
President Obama's 2009 inauguration was bolstered by the feelings of "hope and change" that boosted the President to electoral victory. His official inauguration committee eschewed corporate donations back then, but times have changed dramatically.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 9 hours ago