President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
How is it that all so called immigration reform, the correction of our "wrong" system, is the throw open the boarders and put all illegals on Social Security and SSI, medicare, medicaid, housing assistance, food stamps and welfare, and ofcourse citizenship and democrat voter registration, with the requirement that they vote democrat or loose all of the above benefits?
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 2 hours ago