Americans are living longer lives, and the additional years of retirement are putting a strain on Social Security and Medicare. But raising the retirement age - a bipartisan cost-cutting favorite - is deeply problematic unless Americans are healthy when they reach their mid-60s and...
In response to:
Since Obama has absolutely no experience in any field except politics and dishonest politics at that, we are always in for a "finger in the political wind" style decission. Acording to Alan Simpson, of the Simpson/Bowles commission, there are 7 trillion dollars worth of postponed financial problems waiting for the first of the year to come due. These were postponed to make it easier for Obama to get re-elected, and were bobby traps set for Romney if it went that way. So deal with it.
The latest fiscal cliff plan from President Obama promised $400 billion in entitlement savings. An analysis by the Washington Post of the likely composition of those "savings" showed that nearly half of those cuts would come from requiring prescription drug rebates in Medicare. That would be a huge mistake for the country's fiscal and physical health.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 12 hours ago