Americans are living longer lives, and the additional years of retirement are putting a strain on Social Security and Medicare. But raising the retirement age - a bipartisan cost-cutting favorite - is deeply problematic unless Americans are healthy when they reach their mid-60s and...
In response to:
Since Obama has absolutely no experience in any field except politics and dishonest politics at that, we are always in for a "finger in the political wind" style decission. Acording to Alan Simpson, of the Simpson/Bowles commission, there are 7 trillion dollars worth of postponed financial problems waiting for the first of the year to come due. These were postponed to make it easier for Obama to get re-elected, and were bobby traps set for Romney if it went that way. So deal with it.
The latest fiscal cliff plan from President Obama promised $400 billion in entitlement savings. An analysis by the Washington Post of the likely composition of those "savings" showed that nearly half of those cuts would come from requiring prescription drug rebates in Medicare. That would be a huge mistake for the country's fiscal and physical health.
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 19 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 12 hours ago