After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
If Obama is so wildly popular that the elections are a waste of time and money, how come a Texas inmate running no campaign got about 1/3 of the votes in the democrat primaries where he was on the ballot? Were those democrats just 'funning with Obama?' There was a hotly contested republican primary going on, so they probably weren't republicans crossing over.
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago